Terms & Conditions
- Depending on the level of customization requested, any estimates/quotes are subject to change, and modifications will incur additional costs. By accepting a website quote, you agree to and accept the conditions of StrongWP. Acceptance can be verbal, by email, or by payment of Initiation.
- To ensure clients are satisfied with our work, we must ensure that we have included everything necessary in the quotes and provided them with clear instructions. If you don’t supply us with these details or your requirements, we will understand what you need.
- Any task requiring a high level of complexity or specific understanding must be communicated in advance for us to estimate its cost accurately.
We will complete the project on time, provided there is no significant change in functionalities after discussions.
- When those do occur, we will explain why they are necessary and work to accept reasonable delays for completion.
- Any delays from the client will delay our project and incur additional costs.
- There are no extra charges for bugs reported during or just after the development stage. Any changes after the completion or design approval will incur additional fees.
- If modifications are requested during the development or after Go-Live approval, they will incur additional charges. All other work, over and above the estimates, will be charged separately. No matter what changes have happened to the project brief, Strong WP will not be liable for any delays.
- When taking on a project, website/application content and all related materials must be provided to us within the first two weeks. If you’re delayed beyond that deadline, it could cause delays in your delivery date and incur additional costs if it goes beyond a reasonable timeline. Any delay in providing website and app content may incur additional charges.
- Our websites are usually tested for recent versions of browsers, including IE, Firefox, Chrome & Safari and Opera. If you need testing done on any other browser, please let us know in advance.
- If you need to put the project on hold, please advise us in writing beforehand to stop work and avoid additional charges.
- StrongWP will maintain the copyright of all designs created for any client until the project is completed and paid in full. StrongWP will hand over ownership and rights and all work completed when approval has been granted and it has been published live on the web.
- Our websites and applications are designed to run at optimal performance conditions, using Enterprise-grade hosting services or a similar setup. We cannot guarantee the performance in a sub-optimal hosting environment.
StrongWP does its best to integrate with 3rd party components needed for your website build. The limitations of features, however, may not be within our control.
- StrongWP will not be responsible for any failure of open-source products, such as WordPress or Open-source plugins. But we do have the responsibility to update all components and third-party software if needed, which is included in our monthly maintenance and WebCare plans.
- Any other tools or systems are added without our knowledge and cause the website to break or go down, StrongWP will help get it back up and live, but we are not responsible for any losses on revenue or business during that time.
- The hosting cost is not included in the quotations unless mentioned otherwise. We’ll set up the appropriate hosting needed to run your website as required and give you a separate quote, which will be submitted separately and approved by you.
- Building and hosting a website with us means being committed to paying for the Website Management Service for six months or more.
- Suppose the decision is made to move away from our hosting environment within six months. In that case, total costs of hosting fees will be required, and an additional $100 fee will be charged. Within six months (from the start of your plan), if you wish to change for any reason, only 14 days’ notice by email is needed. The client agrees that we take
- StrongWP builds and tests websites on our servers, and clients cannot access these test sites before they go live online.
- All communications and correspondences will be done via email. It is the client’s responsibility to keep us updated with their most up-to-date contact information, like email address and phone number.
- Hosting plans are an annual fee that must be paid in advance for the whole year, except if subscribed to one of our Monthly Maintenance packages.
- The client’s responsibility is to renew their hosting before the expiration date, and failure to do so can lead to lost files, data, emails, backups etc. All websites hosted are disabled or taken offline after 30 days of full nonpayment.
- All renewals must be made seven working days before the expiry date. StrongWP is not responsible for repercussions caused by a late renewal.
- StrongWP specializes in dedicated hosting environments for your website. We use third-party engineers and support teams to ensure the optimum performance of our systems, minimal downtime, and minimize potential security risks.
- While it is not possible to guarantee that all disruptions will be prevented from happening, we agree to provide you with the best service that we are capable of.
- Customers need to maintain the security of all their account credentials. This includes passwords, scripts or applications that may harm the servers, other accounts, or a visitor viewing on hosted content.
- StrongWP reserves to delete files on your hosting service without providing any prior notice in case of a malware attack.
- Cancellation/Termination: Canceling a hosting reservation must be done one month before the expiry date. Once you renew your hosting, it cannot then be canceled and needs to be paid for the full year. Hosting is disabled when it expires, so be sure to renew or suspend the service before the deadline. Resumption of hosting services requires a reinvestment fee. Data loss due to late fees may result If hosting is not renewed before it expires, in it may be additional charges, and we do not be disabled assume. Responsibility In addition for any, control lost data resulting from of email expired hosting. And DNS records will revert to a previous owner unless you meet a refunded cancellation fee! If you’re late with your payment by more than 30 days, StrongWP cannot guarantee data security or backups in case deactivation has occurred.
- If a hosting account has been canceled/disabled, all data will be sent to the client and deleted from the server within seven days.
- Once all invoices have been paid, the client’s responsibility is to request files as indicated below:
- StrongWP requires a license to use any custom-built software, which is granted while paying for hosting. The licensing only applies if you’re using the StrongWP tools and systems on our hosting. You are not allowed to transfer the licenses to an outside host, including accessing the codes of those applications.
- Changes to third-party providers that we work with may cause changes in the features or pricing of our services.
When it comes to general website design our approach is as follows:
If you accept the quote, we’ll process payment to get things started. As required by the project, there may be an onboarding call to discuss the details in more detail.
When we have the branding details, such as the logo and images, we’ll make a mock-up of your new website for you to review within 5 business days.
You can review the design and suggest refinements accordingly. Generally, up to 3 revisions are possible within the allotted estimate.
Once the design is approved, we will start work on our WordPress development. We usually need three to five banner images for rotating banners.
We can install your WordPress website and automatically set it up on your content management system upon approval.
Depending on the time and resources allocated to your project, we can transfer as much content from the old website as possible or agreed upon. We’ll provide instructions for you to do this in-house if needed.
When you have reviewed and edited the site and all other content has been approved, the site is now ready to go live on our servers.
We need to confirm the go-live date for your new website or project so we can launch it accordingly.
Your website will go live in two days. We require upfront payment before transferring any of your data to the live servers.
Please note that hours are limited on this project. Estimates for projects under $5000 are based on an assumption that they will take 8-12 weeks to complete, depending on the size of your project. Late completion may increase costs of project management services. If you do not think you can finish in time, please let us know before starting the work.
When you begin a project, include all pertinent details so your team is well-prepared to work on it. This way, the team can be efficient without incurring additional costs.
You will be kept updated on the project via email or phone messages. If you need an update, please don’t hesitate to contact us at anytime. Please provide your full information when we first begin, so that it’s easier for everyone involved.
Once the website is live on our servers, it will be placed under the care of our developers as part of your ongoing website maintenance plan.
We have a great attitude and are willing to take on anything. If you need something changed let us know!
All prices are in US dollars, inclusive of Sales Tax unless specified.
For invoices, proceed as per the next scheduled via the preferred method of payment.
Milestone payments must be paid within five days of receiving an invoice, but this can be renegotiated. The final payment is due upon project completion.
A receipt of payment is the acceptance of a quote, milestone, delivery or project.
If you cancel your order after making the payment but before work has commenced, we will refund 75% of the amount that you paid. If work begins on an order and then is canceled, the maximum refund or charge can be up to 50% of the invoice. If the project is more than 50% completed when cancellation occurs, there will be no refund or adjustment. All cancellations must be received in writing and can be sent in writing. Phone requests are not accepted for cancellations.
For minor or one-time jobs, payments are required either in advance or as per the terms detailed on the invoice/proposal. If you need any changes to these terms, you must inform us in writing (emails accepted) within two working days of receiving it.
Late payments and charges: All unpaid invoices will incur a late payment fee of 10% of the pending amount plus an administrative charge of $5.50 per month, from when the invoice becomes overdue.
Due date: Is the date on the invoice/proposal within the time limit allowed for debt collection as per local law.
Outstanding Invoice: A bill is past due if payment has not been made after 14 days of the due date.
Debt Collection: After the late payment fee has been applied to the invoice, you will be given a further 7 days before the client’s full account becomes past due. At this point, the unpaid account will be referred to a debt collector, and the client must pay any associated costs – StrongWP won’t be liable for these fees. All associated fees will be processed by the client
For invoices that are unpaid, overdue, or have any questions about the invoice itself please contact your Project Manager immediately.
We communicate by email, and it is our client’s responsibility to keep us updated on their relevant email addresses.
StrongWP builds and tests the websites on our own servers or hosted domains. The website will be kept on our servers for the length of your contract with us. The website will be set live on our server upon full payment of all invoices and dues.
All content of this website is a property of StrongWP unless otherwise specified. StrongWP reserves the right to change the content or policies without any prior notice.
The project related copyrights can be transferred to the client at an additional cost, after the full payment of the project and upon signing the Certificate of Acceptance. StrongWP reserves the rights to refuse the transfer of ownership if irregular circumstances arise.
Copyrights handed over to the client do not include rights to re-use the code for another website or re-sell the programming codes for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. In the case of business restructuring or ownership change, ownership of the website may be transferred from one owner to another. New owners are not allowed to re-sell or re-use for any commercial or non-commercial purpose. StrongWP and can not be transferred to any external host.
In an event of a Webmaster change, site owners are not allowed to display the credits to the new website, unless such time that the website functionality and appearance is changed by over 50% of our original work.
StrongWP along with the symbol which consists of a StrongWP with tagline Stronger. Faster. Better WordPress. Sub-contractors and any other 3rd party organization or individual are not allowed to use StrongWP name, logo and symbol in any way shape or form without a written consent.